Friday, November 1, 2019

19A – Idea Napkin No. 2

1.)  I am a very hard working person that prides themselves in being able to work under pressure. I am a very analytical person so when it comes to decision making or reasoning I always go with logic over emotions or instinct. I always strive to do the best I can so naturally, if this business venture was real I would try my hardest to be successful at it.

2.)  My service, AggreGator is a free mobile application that aggregates prices, hours, specials, discounts and all the information a user needs to know about local bars, restaurants and entertainment venues in order to decide where they will go on a night out. It has the ability to show the user only the places that fall into their price range allowing them to save money but still go out. This data is pulled from all over the internet providing you with the most current and up-to-date data to help you choose the perfect place.

3.)  The target demographic for my application is the 18-25 age group. This demographic specifically is not only very tech-savvy and open to using mobile applications but is also constantly going out with friends. They also tend to not have steady jobs thus many do not have disposable income they are able to spend on a night put without regretting it the next morning. It is the combination of these three factors, openness to tech, lack of spending money and their social habits.

4.) The value of my application comes from the fact that it is a free service that helps you save money when you go out and have fun. The application must be free or else it would contradict the very mission of the service. So in order to avoid a paradox, my application will be free and will provide its users with the ability to make smarter decisions when it comes to spending money on a night out. As stated before, the target demographic does not have a lot of money to spend, therefore they derive value from my application because it allows them to save more of their money by helping them make more informed decisions.

5.) My service is not only able to provide the user with valuable information about local businesses like prices and discounts, but it is also able to do this in an effective and easy to understand way. Where other websites and services can confuse and lead to more time wasted deciding where to go, AggreGator is able to show you local businesses in your area that also fall into your budget. My application stands apart from the rest in terms of the amount of data available at the users' fingertips as well as effectively communicating that rich data to the user in an easy to understand way.

Summary: I think the concept of this particular business venture is solid. I do not think that there is a particular part that is weak or out-of-joint when compared to the rest. I feel as though all of the elements fit together because they have all been considered and have been shaped by the central problem I have been working to solve. I am confident that with the right amount of development and testing this project can become very successful.

Feedback: The feedback to my first idea napkin was all very positive. This was great to see as it shows me that I am on the right track as well as being well received by my target demographic (College aged people). Two points that were brought up were how receptive young people are to technology and some confusion as to where the application pulled the data from. In this version of the idea napkin, I highlighted one of the main reasons my service is a mobile application is because of the younger generation that is my target demographic. I also clarified that the application is able to grab data from multiple sources all over the web.

3 comments:

  1. Sebastian, I really like your revised idea napkin. I think one of the main things that you gained from the feedback on your last idea napkin was that it was well received by your peers which also happens to be your target market. I think that is definitely a good sign. I also like the feedback that I received from my last idea napkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that your talents, experiences, and motivation does equip you with the neccessary tools to do your AgrreGator. The first time I read the name it was weird and did not felt that smooth as reading it. However, when I reread your post and said it out loud, it starts to grow on you. It's like Albert and Alberta had a baby named AggreGator. The name is cool so stick with it, maybe that could be a story to your app business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overall, I think the AggreGator is a good idea and you have the potential to create it. With your drive and ideas combined, this app could really take off. I agree with Darious, where I was unsure about the name AggreGator, but it really starts to grow on you after reading it a couple times. Also, I agree with you, where creating an app will reach the younger demographic.

    ReplyDelete