My prototypical customer is an 18-25-year-old young adult/college student. These individuals are usually either full-time students or are already employed. Their hobbies can range from going out with friends to video games or hitting the gym. If they are on the younger end they will tend to drive used cars while the older end will probably have a brand new car that they have recently bought. Being as young as they are they don't watch much TV as people older them but do rely heavily on streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Youtube for entertainment. They are tech-savvy and spend a lot of their free time on the internet either on social media, streaming entertainment content or communicating with other people. Political affiliation is pretty split down the middle with the average person this age leaning more to the center-left/left. These individuals are young and ambitious and are trying to find the balance between school/work and enjoying their late teens/early twenties. They try and spend their money wisely but sometimes do not because they are new to the idea of paying their own bills, rent, etc.
I obviously share a lot in common with the customer avatar because I fall into the target demographic. The description of the customer avatar is a pretty good snapshot of the millennial and Gen Z generations that are the target consumers of my application so I do not think it is a coincidence that I share so much in common. My application solves a problem I myself faced so it makes sense that I should be similar to the customer avatar.
I think that your description of your prototypical avatar fits well with your product because college students are typically trying to save money and have fun at the same time. They would want to have a positive and fun college experience. I found that a lot of people were able to relate to their prototypical customer because we think of solutions based on our own needs and experiences.
ReplyDelete