Friday, October 11, 2019

14A – Halfway Reflection

I think that I have developed my time management skills more while taking this class. The volume of assignments each week has forced me to look ahead and plan my whole week out so that I can complete the assignments for this class as well as work for my other classes. Being able to find time to dedicate to this class was not something that was easy when I started this class, but as time has gone on the schedule of this class has forced me to develop my time management skills in order to stay on top of the work and be successful.

There were many times over the past few months where I would have so much going on during the week that I didn't think I would be able to complete the assignments assigned during that week. I had exams coming up or I was working more, so I decided I wouldn't do them and just try and make up the points later. But as the deadline came I convinced myself that it needed to be done and powered through the rest of the work/studying in order to complete the assignments. I think this class gas developed my attitude of tenacity and perseverance to be able to finish the assignments even when I am super busy.

1) Make sure to plan ahead and give yourself plenty of time to complete the assignments.
2) If you find yourself behind on the weekly assignments, power through and get them done on time.
3)Find time to work on this class. Sacrifice some of your free time to work on the assignments so that you can make progress towards completing them.

4 comments:

  1. Sebastian, I think you definitely gave some good tips for students next semester. I also mentioned that you should plan ahead for assignments. Some assignments take longer than others, so you definitely want to plan ahead for that. I believe that if you try to get everything out of these assignments, you will be a better entrepreneur at the end of the class. I think that this class has definitely helped all of us develop a tenacious mindset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you said. Time management is essential in order to be successful in this class. From making sure you post the assignments and their comments, to completing the cupcakes on time, people can easily forget to complete an assignment. Finding the right balance and the right schedule to complete everything has a big influence on how you do in this class. Once you find the optimal amount of time necessary, you can be successful without having to worry about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, planning is the one the most crucial tips you can give a person in class. It's easy to forget that you have to something for this class. What a tip, I believe one should but haven't seen yet was forgetting to declare it. I did one my first try at the beginning of the semester. Another good one, I also agreed with is thinking about making the points later. I learned that the hard way. That one can't just simply make up the points always later. Because you can be 1 to 2 points away from an A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sebastian,

    I agree with you, where this class and this semester has taught me time management. Time management is an integral part of our daily lives, whether it be in school or at work. If you have better time management, it means that you are more productive. I also liked the tips that you gave to us. You gotta work ahead and find the time to work on assignment and projects.

    ReplyDelete