Friday, October 18, 2019

16A –What’s Your Secret Sauce?

In terms of human capital, I believe that the following qualities are some of the things that make me unique and who I am:

1.)            I think I am a very driven person. It is always something that I pride myself in. I strive to achieve my goals and often drop everything to focus solely on them.

2.)            I believe that I am very approachable and easy to talk to. I am a very friendly person and have a welcoming personality that makes it easy to strike up a conversation with me.

3.)            I consider myself to be a good listener. I will often not speak and let the other person express themselves freely and completely before adding my thoughts or opinions to the conversation.

4.)            I consider myself to be a very capable and creative problem solver. I find enjoyment in trying to solve a problem not only in the best way but also in the most out-of-the-box fashion.

5.)            I believe that I am very detailed orientated. I think that things should be done as accurately and as completely as possible, so I strive to have even the most minute detail in order and as close to perfection as possible.

Interview summaries:

Veronica: Veronica said that she thinks that I am a very goal-orientated person that works well under pressure. She also goes on to mention that I am resourceful and that I am a team-player that tries to get the best out of people in order to find the best solution to a problem.

Jose: Jose said that I am an extremely responsible person. He also goes on to mention that I am a perfectionist that goes the extra mile when it comes to something that I am focused on.

Ky: Ky said that she thinks that I am a respectful person that tries to understand other people’s perspectives. She also mentions that I am a passionate person that becomes invested in things that really matter to me.

Lynnette: Lynnette mentioned that I am a very understanding person and that I am a person you can come to when you need to be heard. She also went on to say that she thinks that I am a very self-confident person that doesn’t let the opinion of others get to me.

Sneha: Sneha said that I am a person that is very easy to talk and easy to keep a conversation going with. She also mentions that I am someone who is passionate and that is able to share experiences or information that I am passionate about with others easily.

Reflection: I think that I see myself very similarly to how others see me. I try to be very transparent when it comes to who I am, so it is no surprise that many different people see me as I see myself. I think the only difference is that I do not think I am as friendly as I come off. I think people consider me to be way nicer than I think I am simply because I never think I am nice enough. I think that all of the interviewees were right about me. What they said about me are things that people, other than them, have said. They are things I have recognized about myself. I think the only change I would make is to the 1st trait about my drive. I would add more about how passionate I can be about things and how that passion helps me stay focused, and also how I try to share that passion with others.



Interview recording link: https://youtu.be/XZ8CsqRebKo


3 comments:

  1. Sebastian, I think you did some very good work conducting your interviews. I also found myself to be very similar to how other people see me. I think that is a sign of a good entrepreneur. If you are able to have a realistic view of the world around you and be able to see things from a subjective point of view, I think that will definitely help you when it comes to running a business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how people think of you aligns with how you think of yourself. Along with both you and Riley, I found that my beliefs of myself aligns with others beliefs of me. Being driven, approachable, a good listener, capable, and detail orientated are all signs of a good entrepreneur and friend. I think the most important characteristic about yourself is your drive and motivation because that will put both work and action behind your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Compared to my qualities your are very different. When I was watching the lecture, people usually had things that were the same. So, I thought I would have similar things than other people, however I was wrong. I think being driven is a very striking feat or human capital as you would say. If one have no drive or no reason for living than why are you getting out of bed in the first place.

    ReplyDelete