Who:
For this new
assignment I interviewed five more young adults that, from my hypothesis in the
previous assignment, should fall into the target demographic for my service.
These five individuals differed from the previous as they did not express
interest in going out or needing to know what was around to be able to plan a
night out. Two of the five explained that because of their work schedules and
heavy course load, they did not go out and therefore did not see the appeal of
using my service. These two represent a portion of the population of younger
people that do not express interest in going out because of work or school
taking precedence. The other three individuals simply did not find the
information provided by the app as useful as they were not concerned with
saving money or taking advantage of discounts/offers.
What:
The
need that my service is one of a lack of information. The lack of information
about prices and discounts of local restaurants and bars. This is a different
need than the need to be able to know what a local restaurants customer rating
is. While they are both a lack of information, I believe that my services focus
more on the monetary aspect while the other need is one for referential
information about the business. This was echoed by the individuals I interviewed,
as they did not have the monetary need and therefore would fall into the category
of people who would be outside of that need and possibly in the other need
relating to customer experience rating.
Why:
The
cause of the differing needs comes down to the importance of money. If someone
wants to save and takes advantage of discounts, then they would be included
within the original need. But if money is not a deciding factor then the appeal
of my solution to the need is nonexistent and their needs will probably
correspond to other information customer experience rating.
|
Inside the boundary
|
Outside the boundary
|
||
|
Who
|
Patrons who are interested in saving money or
taking advantage of discounts/offers.
|
Who
|
Individuals who do not go out or who do not worry about
money when it comes to making a decision.
|
|
What
|
Providing information about local restaurants and
bars that are in a specific price range and provide discounts.
|
What
|
Providing information that includes customer experience
ratings.
|
|
Why
|
Many people choose not to go out because they don’t
know what’s out there that is within their budget.
|
Why
|
Potential customers not being able to see what
other previous patrons have thought of their experience at a particular
establishment.
|
Sebastian, I think you make some very good points. I think your interviews gave you a good starting point. I personally do not go out very much so I wouldn’t have much use for the app, but I think there is definitely some interest. The college kids that are too lazy to look on Groupon and Yelp would definitely find this more attractive.
ReplyDeleteHi Sebastian,
ReplyDeleteI like how you have created an app that contains the prices and discounts of local restaurants and bars. It could be a combination of Groupon and Yelp and that would be the best of both worlds. Personally, I love trying new places to eat and I also love my deals. But the problem is, I would have to look up the restaurant on Yelp and do a little scavenger hunt on the internet to find the deals. However, this is pretty time consuming, so if you're able to make an app like you're advertising, that would be brilliant and I would use it a lot.
This is very true. It seems as though your target market is clearly split apart. There is rarely a grey area for such as question. Individuals either enjoy going out or they don’t. In addition, individuals may enjoy going out but have constraints with their schedules or money which is a problem I find myself dealing with at times. In these cases, individuals try to pick and choose the nights they feel would be more worth it. This is an aspect that maybe you can consider adding to your idea.
ReplyDelete