Friday, September 20, 2019

8A – Solving The Problem


The solution I have come up with for the problem I posed in assignment 7A is an application/service that uses your current location and the data from local businesses (like restaurants, movie theaters, bars, clubs, museums) and aggregates them and displays them all based on average price and specials/coupons available. The problem of not being able to go out because of a tight budget can be alleviated if users are presented with options in their area that fit into their specific budget or price bracket. The application aggregates the data and will allow the user to manipulate it in order to find affordable options, things nearby, places offering daily specials and businesses that offer student discounts. If consumers are given the ability to see what is out there through data and price comparisons, they are more likely to consider spending their money at a place that is close, affordable and provides discounts. And if more people are able to go out that means more money into the local economy.

2 comments:

  1. Sebastian, I like your creativity. So essentially you are creating an app that is a combination of Yelp and Groupon. I think that it could be successful but I think that Yelp and Groupon are pretty set in their market. Dr. Pryor has mentioned people trying to combine apps and how they don’t usually work out because people the original apps are so cemented in their field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a cool idea, but I don't use apps like that to start with. I the type of person who goes with the flow, and seek the fun out with my friends, making it unpredictable and fun. For it to work I think you have to have a competitive advantage, that no one can say no to. Than maybe people like me who don't even use it would want to use it.

    ReplyDelete