1.
This class has been an interesting experience
that I did not expect. I came into this class wanting to learn more about entrepreneurship
and have left with that goal achieved. I believe that is definitely the high
point, where the low point would be having to set time aside to finish
assignments that were long, tedious and got in the way of other classes.
2.
I think the process of making the elevator pitch
videos was a learning experience that I would call formative. It caused me to
really sit down and boil my ideas down into a speech that could hold someone’s
attention and explain the complexities of my project very plainly. I would also
include the venture concept assignments, which were another time where I had to
explain the scope of my idea and explain why I think it will succeed.
3.
I think that over the course of this class and
the semester I have started to develop the mindset of a true entrepreneur. I
would not say that I have completely developed the mindset, but I do think that
as a result of this course and the assignments, I have started to think like an entrepreneur
and as someone who strives to be successful.
4.
My advice to the next class of students would be to come into this class with an open mind. The workload may be tedious and
sometimes overwhelming but in the end, it might leave you thinking more like an entrepreneur
and as someone who now knows what it takes to take an idea and make it successful.

Sebastian, I have also learned a lot about entrepreneurship. I really agree with you about developing the mindset of a true entrepreneur. I think the way that we had to grind through some of the assignments gave us a taste of what it is like to be an entrepreneur. I think the advice that you give is good advice. Also, people coming into the class next semester should plan out when they are going to complete the assignments.
ReplyDeleteI believe the same thing, that best thing I learned and did in the class was the Elevator Pitch videos. Who knew something that's less than a minute have so much preparation. I agree also that the work is tedious. Though many people would say to combat this just plan out what you need to do and when, all while sticking to your plan. You on the other hand just thought about keeping an open mind. Which is in fact clever because it can change your perspective all together.
ReplyDeleteI kind of came in with the same mindset where I was interested in entrepreneurship, but did not know what to expect from this class. It was quite enriching to learn about the entrepreneurship process and mindset. I believe that we are all on our way towards the beginning of a new path. As we cross this finish line, another path will begin. I agree with you that future students should keep an open mind because this class could be interpreted as busy work or a true learning experience.
ReplyDelete